At NerdWallet, we strive to help you make financial decisions with confidence. To do this, many or all of the products featured here are from our partners. However, this doesn’t influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
For folks who want to earn extra cash back on dining and entertainment purchases, the Capital One Savor credit cards deliver outstanding value. Both cards — one with an annual fee of $0, and one with an annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $95 — feature robust ongoing rewards on food and fun, alongside other compelling perks.
Here’s what to know about their benefits.
Bonus cash back on dining and entertainment
On both Savor cards, food-centric ongoing cash-back rewards are the stars of the show:
- The Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card earns 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases.
- The Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card earns 3% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases.
These bonus categories are especially tantalizing because Capital One’s definitions of “dining and entertainment” are relatively broad. According to the issuer:
- Dining includes purchases made at restaurants, cafes, bars, lounges, fast-food chains and bakeries.
- Entertainment includes purchases made at movie theaters, certain live sports events, certain theater productions, amusement parks, tourist attractions, aquariums, zoos, dance halls, record stores, pool halls or bowling alleys.
The cards also don’t have any minimum redemption requirements. That means you can redeem cash back in any amount.
Both Savor cards start off with decent sign-up bonuses. While they’re not the most valuable on the market, these boosts could potentially cover dinner and a movie a few times over. The $0-annual-fee card also comes with a 0% APR offer, which could give you some extra time to pay down any major purchases, interest-free. Here’s what you get on each card:
Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Sign-up bonus: Earn a one-time $300 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- 0% APR offer: None.
Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Sign-up bonus: Earn a one-time $150 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- 0% APR offer: You get 0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 15 months, and then the ongoing APR of 16.24% – 26.24% Variable APR.
Travel- and shopping-friendly features
The Savor cards aren’t marketed as travel cards, but they can still help you when you do travel. Like all Capital One credit cards, these cards don’t charge foreign transaction fees. That means that you won’t have to deal with any 3% charges while making international purchases. Both cards also offer travel accident insurance and complimentary concierge service.
With either card, you’ll also get an extended warranty perk on purchases, plus access to comparison shopping tools for online purchases.
Both the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card and the Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card can grant cardholder-only access to things like special dining experiences, music concerts and sporting events.
In addition to its meat-and-potatoes benefits, the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card — the card with an annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $95 — also features limited-time offers geared toward folks who spend heavily on food and entertainment. (These offers aren’t available on the card’s $0-annual-fee counterpart.)
For a limited time, the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card is offering:
- Bonus cash back on Vivid Seats purchases: Earn 8% cash back on tickets at Vivid Seats through May 2020. Vivid Seats is an online ticket marketplace where you can buy tickets to concerts, sporting events and theater productions.
- Postmates Unlimited credits: Monthly statement credits of $9.99 a month for a Postmates Unlimited monthly membership through December 2019. With Postmates Unlimited, you get free delivery on purchases over $15 and no small cart or Blitz fees. That means you won’t have to pay fees that are usually applied on small purchases or when demand is higher than usual. To get this credit, you’ll have to pay for the membership on a monthly basis with your Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card, rather than on an annual basis.